Islamic banking is entering a mature growth phase in its life cycle. With increasing competition, product development innovation and superior customer value is being delivered. But, in a fast growing industry such as Islamic banking, where Islamic banks are facing a variety of challenges and unpredictable pressures from the multitude of new regulations to potential risks, customer retention and cost of legacy systems, the industry has no option but to consider strategic choices and address operational fundamentals and regulatory and Sharia compliance to capture untapped market opportunities.
As the level of competition increases, Islamic financial institutions may have few alternatives to capitalize on opportunities presented by the latest technologies and remain competitive.
To execute a serial of ambitious plans so as to improve business agility, achieve increased performance and help generate significant savings, Islamic financial institutions should partner with a leading Islamic banking software provider with the expertise to help them transform their business quickly, safely and cost effectively.
Path Solutions’ Islamic core banking platform – iMAL covers the entire spectrum of Islamic Finance; Islamic Investments, Islamic Deposits, Islamic Treasury and Islamic Capital Markets:
- Mudaraba, Murabaha LC Financing, Reverse Murabaha
- Murabaha, Tawarruq, Musawama, Musharaka
- Istisnaa, Salam, Project Financing, Ijara – Operating & Financing
Islamic Profit Calculation
- Determination of sharing ratios at multiple levels
- Risk Provision and Profit Equalization Reverse (PER) management
- Zakat calculation and deduction
- Management of multiple pools
- Islamic money market instruments; Islamic Profit Rate Swap (IPRS)
- Islamic derivatives: Islamic Promissory FX Waad, Islamic Cross Currency Swap (ICCS)
- Foreign exchange transaction (SPOT, TOM, TOD, Swap)
- Sukuk operations
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) management
- Online or offline integration with Reuters and Bloomberg for deal processing, securities management and currency exchange rates
iMAL is a fully interoperable system that seamlessly integrates with any existing core banking system. Consistently ranked as the first Islamic core banking platform worldwide, iMAL combines front-to-back-office functionality with unparalleled scalability and customer centricity approach. The flexibility and parameterization built into the system adds to its advantages. Not only does iMAL enable Islamic financial institutions to cater for new innovative financing and investment products with minimum set-up time and effort, but it does so with a speed and ease of use that is unmatched in the industry.